Scientific visualization is the science of converting data to visual representations that generate insight. CMR has a long record of integrating visualization into industrial applications.
Our visual perception system is a powerful instrument for discovering patterns. CMR has expertise in identifying optimal visual representations of data for input to the visual perception system. Our solutions are interactive, intuitive, support large datasets, and produce high quality renderings.
We have worked with the following domains and areas :
- Medical visualization (visualization of CT scans, MR scans, PET scans, realtime ultrasound scans)
- Geoscientific visualization (Seismic volumes, reservoirs, covisualization, virtual reality)
- Marine visualization (Sonar data, echosounder data, sea bed data)
- Visualization of simulations (gas, fire, explosions simulations, safety training)
- Information visualization and interactive analysis (large graphs, GIS)
- Feature detection in volumes and geometry (seismic channel and horizon detection, fish schools and species detection, medical anomaly detection)
- Rapid geometric modelling (geologic sketching, automatic scaffold creation, urban modelling)
«The purpose of visualization is insight, not pictures»
(Ben Shneiderman 1999).