The CMR optics group have strong expertise within a wide range of optical monitoring and communication technologies. The group have long experience developing robust solutions for harsh environment.
Main focus areas for the optics group are:
- Fibre optical sensing and communication
- Optical water monitoring and fluid analysis
- Optical design and engineering
Some of the key technologies the group is working with are:
- Distributed Chemical Sensing (DCS): CMR has developed novel solutions for fibre optical distributed chemical sensing. Ongoing projects are targeting measurement and detection of humidity, water and salinity.
- Fibre optical communication: CMR has developed a high bandwidth high temperature fibre optical telemetry system enabling fast operation logging operations from advanced downhole tools.
- Fluorescence lifetime measurement, infrared imaging and spectroscopy
We provide optical design and engineering solutions for our customers. We uses Zeemax as optical modelling tool to ensure a robust design.
CMR have extensive infrastructure and long experience in executing complex wind measurement campaigns using lidar technology.
CMR possess both fibre optical a distributed temperature sensing system and a fibre optical distributed strain and temperature sensing system. Both systems are used to support various projects and can be rented.