Image Processing and Video Analysis
Image processing is processing of images using mathematical operations by using any form of signal processing for which the input is a digital image, such as photograph or video frame. Video analysis is the capability of automatically analyzing video content that is composed of continuously moving images.
Image processing and video analysis are broad concept covering many areas in different disciplines, and the following are typical approaches.
- Image segmentation and object detection
- Motion detection
- Image restoration, enhancement, super-resolution
- Filtering, transforms
- Compression and transmission
- Storage and retrieval
- Semantic modeling, event (low-level and high-level) detection and recognition
- Visual quality assessment
CMR has excellent expertise in image processing and video analysis, and many advanced techniques have been developed and applied in several different projects, e.g., image feature representation for machine learning, image content analysis and indexing, image quality assessment.