Online tools for fiscal gas- and oil-metering uncertainty
Online tools for fiscal gas- and oil-metering uncertainty.
As part of the work with handbooks for fiscal gas- and oil-metering uncertainty, online tools for computing these uncertainties have been developed.
The applications “Fiscal Oil Metering” and “Fiscal Gas Metering” uses input consisting of
- Metering station template (the general type of instruments and layout of these).
- Oil or gas properties.
- Properties for the different equipment included in the template.
- Process conditions and measurement results from the calibration, proving and metering phases.
From this input the application then can
- Compute and visualize the resulting uncertainty in flow measurement values
- Compute additional relevant properties of the medium (oil or gas) and process conditions
- Generate a report in different formats and print the report
- Save work in a file for future use and reference
The applications are based on a common framework for implementing and presenting uncertainty models defined according to ISO GUM. This framework could also be used to create customer specific applications for other similar problems.