Associate Professor Mona Mihailescu from University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania visited CMR. She is also due to vi...
Norway is among world leading countries utilizing geothermal energy by use of geothermal heat pumps. CMR are hosting CGER, Norwegian Center for Geothermal Energy Research.
Utilization of geothermal energy spans a range of resource types and production systems, contributing to environmentally friendly heating and cooling and electricity generation world wide CMR are
- Design and verifying geothermal energy systems by system simulations
- Providing downhole fiber optic temperature measurements (distributed temperature sensing).
- Performing heat flow studies for Svalbard and Norway
- Adviser, lecturer and examiner internationally (Taiwan, China, Poland, India) and nationally
- Reporting status of geothermal energy use in Norway to International Geothermal Association (IGA) and Europe Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC)
- Investigating the possibility for utilization of geothermal energy.
- Designing optimal solutions for application of Underground Thermal Energy Storage
- Participating in EERA Geothermal Energy Joint Programme
CMR works closely with national and international partners from industry, research institutes and universities to develop geothermal energy applications and concepts.