Virtual Flow Laboratory
CMR use CFD as a virtual flow laboratory for analysing metering stations and flow instruments.
Examples of metering stations analysed in the virtual flow laboratory:
- Large gas metering stations with headers, manifolds and parallel meter runs with fiscal Ultrasonic Flow Meters (USM)
- Mixing of gases for sampling
- High viscosity oil flow, laminar to turbulent flow
- Function/malfunction of flow conditioners
- Non-ideal installation of meters, modification of K-factors
- DP-meters with drop flow, elbow meters etc.
The CFD results are combined with simulations of the meter response to give a quantitative estimate of flow effects.